CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 19, 2009

My First Race!

So, one day my work sent out an email about a 5k race to help benefit children so I got this bright idea that I wanted to run it. I think I mainly signed up because I wanted the cool shirt because I actually hate running. I had to recruit my friends Sophia and Valerie.

Before:







After:






For that being my first race I did much better then I expected. Valerie smoked me and Sophia but it was still a ton of fun. I finally understand the "runners high". I don't quite have motivation to run a marathon so these little races will have to suffice.
PS- Good luck at your marathon this weekend, Cassie! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Brannie :)

Thompson Tales said...

I am VERY proud of you!!! Running is definately something that I DO NOT enjoy doing!!! I miss you already, I loved seeing you...by the way, my "issue" lasted until the next morning, I need to make an appt for that this week...its gross....

cassie said...

thanks bran... it was awesome! : )

Ashley May said...

Congrats! Looks like fun!!!

Brittany Nichole Miles said...

Yay for you Brannigan! I'm glad to hear that it wasn't as hard as you thought it would be. Josh and I are running a 10k this weekend. I'm a bit nervous!